Thursday, March 10, 2011

~the philippines~

So, here I am, in my hotel room at Holiday Inn Clark Philippines. The weather is similar to Malaysia, the time zone is also the same. Only that the sun rises at 6 am and sun down at around 6 to 6.30 pm. I arrived yesterday, checking in at the hotel at 12 pm. While waiting for the room to be ready at 2 pm, we went to SM City Mall to have lunch. Ate white rice with seafood soup with tamarind. Then we went back to the hotel, and I took a flu pill, and makes me dozed off in an instant. Not all because of the flu pill, but because we woke up at 4.30 in the morning to catch the flight to Clark. I thought Clark is in Manila, but instead it is a 2 hour ride to go there. Clark was actually a military based zone. In 1991, the place grows into the city it now becomes. There are guards / policemen who checked the car trunks before entering the hotel area, and also the shopping mall! They even checked what's inside our bag. But that was all, cause they are all nice J
About the people, Mister Partner and I do agree that they are warm and polite. We are pleased with the services that they provide.
About the hotel, it was not as we expected. When we browsed to the Internet in the first place to find out about this hotel we weren’t quite as pleased. But being here, I felt that this hotel is calm, inviting and comfortable to stay. The air-conditioner is a bit cold all day, but that was besides the point.
The view from my room.
Peaceful.
I was watching Gourmet (a Korean drama starring Kim Rae-Won) after the internet expired (now I'm back on).
Brought this to fill up my time. It's original, so won't worry about the customs.
I just love every Korean drama with Kim Rae-Won in it. The dramas/ movies he starred in was Attic Cat, Love Story in Harvard, Which Star Are You From, and My Little Bride. Those are all that I watched - tak la banyak sangat pun. LOL. There are a few more dramas, which I haven't found in any DVD stores. All movies/ drama that he starred in was mostly love stories. But Gourmet is different. It didn’t have those Korean love songs at the background. The drama is adapted from a Korean bestselling comic by Huh Young-Man. This story tells about a passionate guy who wants to be a chef (figures!). But he has to compete with the non-biological brother who couldn’t afford to lose as the brother is the biological son of the restaurant owner. I know, it’s complicated J Bear with me. Haha. As of current, Kim Rae-Won is so out-of-date. But I don’t want to watch other Korean dramas, cause I sure am going to be glued to it. Baik tengok sikit2 ja kan. Ok then, enjoy the video from the movie Which Star Are You From (two great songs).
ps: Eh, kalau nak tengok posts on Korean dramas, you can go to this site: Cik Epal. There are others posts related to Korean dramas in her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...