Monday, July 25, 2011

~venezia~

Assalamualaikum bellas J Buongiorno (pronounce as bon-jor-no). Let me start with the story of Venice. Venice is not as I expected neither. Maybe because we went to Lucerne first, then Venice. It wasn’t that pretty. But the feeling of being there was nice. Everything there (in Venice island), from public transport to ambulance and police are on water. There are boats, gondolas everywhere in the canal and the sea. There are people learning to sail in the big water as well. There are also people who digs clams (can’t remember what they’re exactly called), kids learning to drive boats. And the tourists, they’re huge. People from everywhere around the world was there, the Koreans, the Chinese, the Arabs, and I think I found a few Malays when I was up on the bus.

The private passage.


The view from hotel lobby. Yes, the hotel has 2 blocks, with the sea in between them.
We went on a private gondola rides (fit for 5 to 6 people) into the hidden waters between old and colourful painted houses on the side. Then we also went on a ride on the Grand Canal using a private boat fit for 40 people. It was nice being on a boat, though I always get dizzy for a few hours afterwards. Luckily I didn’t get sick on the boat J
Were lined up with tourmates on our own gondolas.
That was yesterday. I’m writing now on the coach, off on our way to Florence, Italy. This morning I get to experienced the island of Burano, about 45 minutes of boat ride from Venice island. Burano is such a peaceful island. The houses there are extremely cute, with various bright colours painted on each of them. And the people there are nice, compared to a few other Italians I met on my way here.
And guys, you know what? I get to do a little shopping today. It really gets my mind off of things. Yay to me J So my luggage won’t be able to fit the stuff I bought today. Gladly we came prepared. Mister Partner has an extra canvas bag to fit all those extra stuff. We’ll see how it goes,as most of the stuff we bought are glass items. Venice is popular for its glass making (the process of glass blowing is involved here). Besides that, it is also popular for its Venetian masks (as my previous entry), and also its lace products (well, that is in Burano). They make lace for clothes, table runners, scarves, baby shoes and much much more. The lace products are expensive. I thought of buying one for my niece, but no, cos it costs roughly RM500 for the tiny dress.
A doll sold in Burano.
Remember the Venetian masks I mentioned here? Well, I didn't buy one. Cos personally I didn't like them that much. But I love their talent in arts, glass making, knitting laces, paintings and so on. But my sister did buy one mask, half face of a cat. Quite nice I think :) No pictures though. Sorry.

So I think I’m gonna have my Siesta in the bus now. Everybody is already waking up, and I think I should get my turn now. Ciao J

1 comment:

  1. The Venetian masks are certainly an interesting piece of art but yes, me too, wouldn't get myself one considering the fact that it would just remain as a display in a closet... cos I'm sure I wouldn't wear it anyway... haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...