Friday, July 8, 2011

~bonjour paris~

Assalamualaikum,
Waking up at around 4 am, we got on the tour coach at 5. We headed to Dover, and got on a cruise to Callais, France. We had brunch at a little café on the cruise ship. Most of the time spent enjoying ourselves outdoor at the rear of the ship (not sure what’s the term for the rear of a ship – deck?). We watched seagulls (which is bigger compared to the ones in Sydney) flying over the ship, and also watching school children talking and laughing among them. They were on school holidays. Among the school children, there were 2 girls wearing hijabs, and covering themselves with jackets. One of them resembles so much like my husband’s niece. And being a preserved person I am, I didn’t get a picture of her. She was preserved too I can tell, as she didn’t mix up with the other laughing kids, she tagged to one of her friend, and her teacher. So cute.
Goodbye London
When we got to the mainland, another coach drove by Mario awaited us. We were heading to Paris.
The views throughout the coach ride was breathtaking, and these modern windmills always caught my eye.

Never thought Paris would amaze me much for this was my second visit there. But I found it wrong. We went to the hotel, Hotel Pullman Paris Rive Gauche and then went out again after 1 hour of rest. We went to Arc de Triumphe for pictures and around Champs-Elysees, and went over the Seine River cruise Bateaux-Mouches at Pont de l’Alma (Pont means bridge). 
Arc de Triumphe



The Bateaux-Mouches cruise

We covered a lot of important buildings along the river, including Eiffel Tower, Musée d’Orsay, Notre Dame, Palais du Louvre, and Place de la Concorde. Pictures would be nice now wouldn’t it J
Palais de Justice

A statue at one of the bridge

Paris is filled with arts, which are mostly statues. And these gargoyle heads under one of the bridge are one of those creations.

ps: These entries about my trip, it sounds like a diary. Well, it kinda is, because the writeup was done during the coach ride. I always had my laptop, only that to find internet connection was hard. And if I found one, it was rather expensive. So bare with me guys J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...