Saturday, May 28, 2011

~starting to cook~

Assalamualaikum ladies,
This is a late entry (yesterday's to be exact).
A lot has been going on lately. Most of them are my office work, planning for vacations (yay) and then the renovation of my house, although the latter one is mostly handled by Mister Partner. But I feel him, he’s been quite worked out lately too. 3 straight weekends of going to KL (driving) by us both since late April and that only had already worn us out. And it’s been 3 days he stayed at Juru till today, as his boss visited him from KL. So yeah, I’m lazing my *ss off, taking naps after work, haven’t done any cleaning up this 3 days. So hopefully this evening I’ll have the will to get my room tidied up J cheer up for me guys!
I’ve been watching a lot of cooking shows on tv, and they've really driven me to cook. My mum seldomly stores a lot of raw ingredients. So it was quite limited to try out the recipes from the cooking shows. I’ve already bought my own preference of ingredients from Pasar Tani or the ‘farm market’ last weekend, and I cooked them all up in just a day. Pasar Tani is a convenient place to buy raw ingredients, be it wet or dry. Last weekend I bought half chicken, carrot, tomatoes and parsley. You know why just those ingredients which I bought? Haha, actually that was my first time buying them at Pasar Tani. My colleagues and I often go to Pasar Tani first thing in the morning to buy something to eat. There are various of delicious food, namely porridge (can choose the fillings – minced chicken and meat, salted egg, scramble egg, salted fish and pekasam), spiced chicken with coconut rice, rice herbs (I don’t know what to call nasi ulam – which is white rice mixed with different types of herbs or ulam), satay, and kuih (various of them, namely apom lenggang, doughnuts and pak tongko, and also puddings in more than 10 different flavors). Aren’t you tempted? J But last weekend was when I bought the things for me to cook. The hard part is actually bringing the stuff into the lift and up to the twelfth floor. Some of the older colleagues always bought raw ingredients. So this time, the freezer at the pantry was almost full, with me wanting to join the group. If not now, then when can I cook right? Shouldn’t stop myself from learning to cook for my family right?
This weekend I think I want to try out cooking fish (big ones like Siakap, Kerapu or Jenahak). Sorry for the Malay language, I’m quite poor remembering which name is for which fish. Seabass? Grouper? Help me here guys :p To cook a fish, maybe I need to look up the Youtube, and find one easy enough yet has a different taste for my family. Maybe I’ll try something European? Love the simple cooking from Nigella of Nigella’s Kitchen or Nigella Bites at TLC. So, I’ll end this post for you to enjoy the following video (ain’t she a beautiful makcik?)

2 comments:

  1. Jom join contest kat blog Liza. Hadiah menarik

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna promote liza's contest at her blog: http://lizayati.blogspot.com/
    the prize is really irresistable, a set og corningware! i would enter it myself, only if i wasn't too embarrassed to post as public in facebook. but everyone else should really have a try! :)
    (weird to just promote via comments - too lazy to make a new entry right now)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...