Monday, November 15, 2010

~Hijab Wearer~

Assalamualaikum and hi all,

Hey, I think I pose like a nerd most of the times. Haha.. So, this is my style going out. Pakai ngan tudung bawal ja, boleh? LOL. Dont know how I'd wear a shawl, tried them, and been trying still, but I find it less suitable for my face (compared to a bawal or in a more correct word - voile).


So, here's a story bout me wearing hijab. I’ve just started wearing hijab since I got married. It’s been almost three years, and I think it’s not difficult to do so. Before, I didn’t think I can wear like non-hijabist wear when I become a hijabist (hijabi or hijabist? inform me if I'm wrong, thanks) - to wear short sleeved tops or knee length skirt. But now I know, cos hijabists are also as stylist as other non-hijabists out there, maybe more J  Besides, there is no such thing as a BAD HAIR DAY. LOL. I’m not that fashionable on choosing / wearing hijab, cos I tend to wear square hijab, avoiding shawls cos eventually my head would look so round, I feel bald. Tak pecaya? Believe it. But I always brave myself to put on shawls instead of a chiffon square scarf (which I need to starch to get the perfect awning. LOL). Been shopping cotton shawls online (three shipments in 2 weeks - crazy), from these people, do check them out cos they have great variety of muslimah stuff: Butik eDast, SugarScarf, and Butik Najjah.

Surah an-Nur ayat 31, a friendly reminder to myself and all Muslimah all around the world:

And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their adornment except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.
 Enjoy  J
Thanks for reading this post *all grin - sengeh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...