Thursday, December 29, 2011

~this should be anyone's 2012 resolution~

Assalamualaikumwarahmatullah,

I love the beach..

But would the beach be loved in the years to come?..
I would always nag and nag (to Mister Partner that is).....
Why do people throw plastic drink bags outside their car while driving?
Why do people throw cigarettes on the street floor?
Why don’t people recycle their plastic containers?
Why won’t people clean up their own doing? Are they afraid that the city council might not have a job?
Why do people litter? Do they think what they’re doing is OK? Teeny tiny trashes only? Nobody would see?




The above pictures were taken at the Batu Feringghi beach. That was the only time I got to take pictures of them trashes. Because I did find many others. While I was riding my bike around my house, I found a bunch of polystyrene plates scattered next to the main road. Were they having a party by the road side? How could I help? How could anyone help? Because calling the city council would only settle that issue-at-the-moment. What if there are other littering act in the future? Would it be easier if each individual person acts responsibly? Do your part, if not taking care of other people’s trashes, take care of your own.
Does anyone of you remember? That when we’re in school (mostly I presume), we were trained to collect whatever trashes we found while walking, keep them in our pocket, and throw them into the trash can. Something difficult doing it now don’t you think?
Let’s help contributing indirectly (though it seems more directly) by throwing trashes in the trash can. IN the trash can, not near it.. not beside it. Savvy?
And let's make it our 2012 resolution!
Ciao ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...