Saturday, December 3, 2011

~the kurungs~

Assalamualaikum bellas,

Do you remember that I've mentioned in a post about me sending textiles to the tailor before raya puasa? Check out that entry.

I HAVEN'T yet received them, yet wearing them. The tailor said that the one doing embroidery was badly ill, like cancer or something. So, at the last minute, this is the result.

me in the red/ orange kurung with batik print

 The fabric was bought at a batik outlet in Shah Alam, and I'm pleased with the result, simple yet colourful. And I love the shawl, which I bought from ShawlbyVsnow.

me in the pink/ blue kurung
The fabric was bought in Hadyai, I personally mixed and matched the textile and made into a modern baju kurung. What do you think? It's quite simple, and Alhamdulillah the tailor managed to finished sewing it in time.

Below is my kurung during the visit to our kampung on raya haji:

3 comments:

  1. hello theree! thanks for following! love the blog! can i ask, where exactly the fabric outlet in shah alam that you meant in this post? kain for ur baju kurung cantik!!! i'm searching for fabrics to make as scarves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hai azyan, thanks for the follow. never expect for the follow back though, cos i think ur blog's interesting, while mine, is just simple..
    i bought the batik fabric at section 7 shah alam, near the las copaque restaurant. the name i cant actually remember, it has moda in its name.
    but if you wanna make as scarves, i would recommend going to jakel at section 7, the big one yes. because it has all range of fabrics and colours.. when i was last there, the ssalesgirl even told me hana tajima went there to buy fabrics to make scarves too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee to be honest, i think your blog is far more interesting than mine. Mine's just full of daily rants and blabbers. Yours, it's like a travel log! I always wanted to travel to many places to see the outside world. :) And I love your style too! Honestly! Urs are simple and not to over the top unlike most people I found these days. Eh panjang pulak commentnya. hehe. thank you for the info! duduk uitm shah alam dah lama tp jarang nak bertandang ke jakel tu. huhu.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...