Monday, September 12, 2011

~blog influence~

Assalamualaikum,

I started blogging since end of last year. At that time, I was encouraged (indirectly) thru blogwalking the blogs related to fashion. At first, I frequently read blogs from London, USA and Australia. Then I found out about Malaysia, narrowing to bloggers wearing hijab. I was so amazed because the bloggers created such a trend, and their fashion spread like fire. Yep, the ‘lilit-lilit’ hijab style, the skirts, the turban, the palazzos, the harem pants, and so many more. I’ve learnt so many fashion terms (though I didn’t always remember them).

I want to point out that blogs (bloggers) give huge influence to the public. From fashion blog, I started following Bashtiah, just because she followed me first (no, I don’t simply follow just anyone, I checked them out first). She got a lot of writing in her blog. So that was new. Fashion bloggers mostly put images (which I like very much – the professional ones).  Since then, I got to know skills in writing.  I’ve never skipped her entry J She got me begging for more. I especially love her story about her job as a swimming instructor. Her writing’s serious but funny at the same time. And she’s just started donning the hijab like a few months back. Her followers haven’t reach to a thousand yet, but I’m sure she’s going to achieve that in a matter of time.


And just recently, I started reading Namee’s blog. I found out thru Bashtiah’s entry. Wow, she’s quite a fast-turned-famous-blogger. Thousands of followers in just 8 months! Her writing is somehow straightforward in an indirect way. Ah, I can’t put that into words. But she got me reading her entries from the day she started blogging J And she got me laughing out loud too.

The two bloggers got me distracted from fashion a little bit. It’s because each of them are a simple girl, always reminding us to be modest and humble (instead of being vain). Because I changed from reading fashion blogs to ‘opinion’ blogs, I feel a bit ashamed, yes I do. I think I may be vain too, showing off my outfit. But I think it depends on the intention itself. Being vain or not, I just want to compile what I wore in any day. I don’t include my face because I think that’s not necessary (no offense to those who do, everybody's have their own opinion). People would know who I am, and that’s not what I want. So, do you think that’s vain or what? Conflict, conflict.


This is just my opinion. I may start reading other types of blogs next time around, right? J I don’t totally ignore fashion blogs, I still like them as much as before. It’s just that reading opinion blogs got my attention more. Fashion blogs got my attention thru the great pictures J So, no offense.

p/s: See, I can’t do opinion blogging. Do you know the conclusions here? #All jumbled up#

6 comments:

  1. TQ TQ TQ! Sorry I'm a bit busy now, I intended to comment a little bit more. I will in a few days ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. still commenting while u're so busy, how thoughful. thanks 4 always dropping a comment bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm back!
    It's a great feeling to know that i actually influence someone by my writing :D And oh, i actually notice the changes in your blog. The layout, the gadjets, and entries. i could see u're expressing your own opinions now, and i like it ;)
    i'm not really interested in fashion blogs but whatever ur concept is, i liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouh...that girl so adorable... =.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have any particular concept, just so you know ;) i might still post a few fashion entries. but still, i'll try to find an issue, but that might be quite time consuming. haha..
    thanks for noticing the changes (teeny tiny bit of changes i might say)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sue, did u mean bashtiah, or namee? well, their blogs are worth the reading :) recommended..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...